SEASON OF JUSTICE SEARCHING FOR NEW EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR AS CURRENT EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, STEVE DUBOIS, DEPARTS
INDIANAPOLIS, In. – Sept. 8, 2022 – It was announced today that Steve DuBois, the current executive director of the nonprofit Season of Justice will be leaving the organization, and a search is currently underway to find his replacement. Season of Justice is a nonprofit dedicated to providing grants to labs of law enforcement’s choosing for advanced DNA testing and families to help solve cold cases.
At Season of Justice, the executive director oversees the administration, programs and strategic plan for the nonprofit, including fundraising, marketing, program development, and working with the board of directors to further the organization’s mission.
Qualified and interested parties should direct any and all questions/applications to Afzal Zahidi at Field of Talent, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The duties of the position include:
○ Oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization and ensure its overall successful long-term operations
○ Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of Season of Justice
○ Manage and engage all law enforcement liaisons
○ Review and revise applications for the grant program
○ Maintain routine contact with each grantee to ensure Season of Justice funds are being spent on the specific cases and services
○ Counsel and educate grantees on the application process and how to
successfully submit a grant for funding
○ Monitor social media, news, and other resources for information related to, or any mention of, Season of Justice
○ Review and respond to all media inquiries, making sure to adhere to the
○ Educational outreach related to future grantees
Leadership & Management
○ Ensure ongoing program excellence, program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems.
○ Actively engage nonprofit volunteers, board members, event committees,
partnering organizations, and funders.
○ Lead, coach, and develop Season of Justice staff
○ Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications
○ Expand revenue-generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations and expansion while simultaneously tracking liabilities in the grants funded.
○ Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to
external relations to create a stronger brand.
○ Understand the program and its ability to reach nationally or internationally for fundraising and program advances.
○ Effectively communicate with the board of directors and provide all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
Planning & New Business
○ Design and complete the strategic business planning process for the program’s expansion into new areas to complement the program’s mission statement.
○ Begin to build partnerships in new areas, establishing relationships with the funders and grantees.
Qualifications of the new executive director include:
● College degree, ideally in Non-Profit Management, Criminal Justice, or Public Administration or a similar degree, with at least 5-7 years of senior management experience.
● Active fundraising experience. Excellent donor relations skills and understanding of the funding community.
● Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation and analysis, decision making, and reporting.
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams to set and achieve strategic objectives.
● Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
● Strong marketing and public relations experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Strong public speaker
● Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
● Ability to interact with media or other related entities (written, on camera, etc.)
● Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and managed strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
About Season of Justice
Season of Justice provides grants to investigative agencies for advanced DNA analysis solutions, such as forensic genealogy and next-generation sequencing. The organization also awards grants to families to support awareness campaigns and other initiatives that can assist in pushing their cold cases forward. Season of Justice’s goal is to provide financial resources for law enforcement and families to bring closure to those impacted by unsolved violent crimes.